Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Indescribable


Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It 
is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices 
whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures 
through every circumstance.
Three things will last forever—faith, hope, and love—and the greatest of these is love. 
(1 Corinthians 13: 4-7,13 NLT) 


 
"Indescribable, uncontainable, you placed the stars in the sky and you know them by name
You are amazing, God

Incomparable, unchangeable, you see the depths of my heart and you love me the same
You are amazing, God”

(Lyrics from "Indescribable" originally written by Chris Tomlin)

 
Indescribable: beyond description; too intense, extreme for words


1 Cor: 13 has always been my favorite passage in the bible. Over the years this 
passage has come to life for me as I've felt and seen Gods love for me at work 
in my life. 


Love is PATIENT: for all the years I spent outside his will, he patiently waited for
my return and welcomed me back with open arms.
Love is KIND: despite my selfish ways , he continues to give me favor and pour 
out blessings in my life
Love KEEPS NO RECORD OF WRONG: when I'm trapped in guilt because of my 
sins, I only need to remember the blood of Jesus has set me free
Love NEVER GIVES UP: when I turn my back on him, he continues to pursue 
and chase me down with his love
Love is always HOPEFUL: when my fears threaten to consume me, I remind 
myself of the perfect plans he has already designed for me

Gods love is truly amazing. No words will ever be able to describe it. 
What does his love mean to you? How has it changed your life? 
Would love to hear from you:)
I've posted my favorite version of "Indescribable" below. 


7 comments:

  1. Hallelujah! God's love is truly amazing. HE IS LOVE! For that alone I give him praise! God's love is everything to me. My rock, my cornerstone, He is my strength, my provider, my teacher..I can go on and on and on! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen Dawn! God has definitely been my provider too!! He just continues to prove to us over and over again just how awesome and amazing he is! Blessings!:)

      Delete
  2. Really enjoyed your post, the indescribable, wonderful love of our precious lord.

    His love has changed my life forever, as I am learning who I am in my Lord's eyes; I bow down at the foot of the throne of His amazing grace,wrapped in His arms of everlasting love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anita!I don't even want to think about where I would be without him! I'm so grateful for his unconditional love. Blessings!:)

      Delete
  3. To me love is joy and pain. If I could ever grasp unconditional love and loving my enemies, then I will truly know love. But because God loves me despite all my flaws and failures, I know pure love.

    Love this post Toya, thanks for sharing the song. I haven't heard that one yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Starla:) I love this song!! To know that God sees the depths of my heart (all the good and bad) and still loves me the same is amazing. He truly is indescribable!
      Loving your enemies is hard. I always reflect back on what the word says and ask the Lord to help me love and pray for those that wrong me.
      Luke 6:27-28“But to you who are willing to listen, I say, love your enemies! Do good to those who hate you. Bless those who curse you. Pray for those who hurt you.

      Blessings!:)

      Delete
  4. What a great post! Poetic and honest. Truly taking His words to heart - what a way to praise Him!

    ReplyDelete