Monday, January 23, 2012

Nobody likes to Wait

 
But those who wait for the Lord [who expect, look for, and hope in Him] shall change and 
renew their strength and power; they shall lift their wings and mount up [close to God] 
as eagles [mount up to the sun]; they shall run  and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint or be tired 
(Isaiah 40:31 AMP)
  
Every valley shall be lifted and filled up, and every mountain and hill shall be made low; and the crooked and uneven
shall be made straight and  level, and the rough places a plain.  And the glory (majesty and splendor) of the Lord shall  
be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together; for the mouth of the Lord has spoken it. (Isaiah 40:4, 5 AMP) 


I don’t like to wait! I’m impatient, anxious and hasty by nature. But in reality I think 
we all are.  The more I share and listen to others I realize the impatience that comes with waiting 
on God to fulfill a promise or desire is universal. God works in his own timing. He often takes the
"scenic route" when I would prefer him to take the expressway, ignore the speed limit, run all red 
lights and get me to my destination ASAP!!!! 
 
Joyce Meyer often says "everyone will wait", it's inevitable. Some will have to wait longer than 
others, but either way we will wait. Fact of life. Bummer, huh?

So what do we do in the wait? How do we find peace in the midst of anxiety? 

Trust God. The end. 

When you can learn to trust God with whatever you are waiting on you can find rest. It’s not the 
time to question Gods ability. Just because we don’t see or feel him working doesn’t mean he is 
somehow stripped of his power. God is able to bring to pass whatever it is you are believing him 
for. He has the power to do great and mighty things and he gives us the strength to wait on him. 
It may seem as though the dream, promise, desire or need is at a standstill but you have to know 
that God is working and is able. 
God is a "behind the scenes" kind of guy. Think of it this way: while we are living everyday life, 
he's planning and writing a great script , finding the perfect cast of characters, designing the 
perfect set (think: Jer 29:11) and when it's finally SHOWTIME, spotlight is on us and we step up 
as Lead Actor in the role of a lifetime of our own Oscarworthy movie. All that can't happen 
overnight.  If what you are believing God for is worth having, it’s definitely worth waiting for. 
No matter how long it takes. So while we wait, we must be sure to cooperate with Gods plan by
building our faith, studying his word, seeking revelation and standing on his promises.   
 
Wait patiently. Expect a miracle. Believe the best. Keep the faith. 
 
Trust him and enjoy the scenic route : )

6 comments:

  1. Toya, I love, love, love this!!! I'm so impatient too. Nothing drives me crazier than having to wait on someone...ha. Thanks for your beautiful words. Sometimes it seems hard to wait on God, but from experience I've learned that His way is "always" the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks fellow BIG sister!:) Waiting on God is a day by day (and sometimes hour by hour) process for me but I know God is faithful and able so waiting on his best is definitely worth it!

      Delete
  2. This is just perfect for me today, and I had to laugh at the absolute truth of your last line, "Trust him and enjoy the scenic route". Love it! Thanks for reminding me of the comforting of waiting on Him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You welcome Lori! God is good! I figure I may as well enjoy the view while I'm on the journey because he's not gonna "rush" the process...:)

      Delete
  3. Waiting..... It's the story of our lives right? My husband and I are waiting on the possibility of becoming homeowners. We have good, but not excellent credit so we have to wait for lenders to review all of our information and let us know if they approve or if we have more steps to take. Everytime I start thinking about picking up the phone to "check on things", God stops and says, WAIT.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Starla...Yes I'm waiting on several things to manifest in my life right now but I find when I start worrying about them, it just makes it worse. Taking my focus off the issues and towards the promises of God make the wait easier. Will be praying for you and the Hubby..God will make a way:)

    ReplyDelete