Saturday, October 1, 2011

Wide Awake

Psalms 121 “ I look up to the mountains—does my help come from there?  My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth!   He will not let you stumble;
 the one who watches over you will not slumber. Indeed, he who watches over Israel  never slumbers or sleeps.  The Lord himself watches over you! The Lord stands beside you as your protective shade.  The sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon at night.   The Lord keeps you from all harm and watches over your life.  The Lord keeps watch over you as you come and go, both now and forever. (NLT)

Have you ever felt invisible? (Invisible: withdrawn from or out of sight; hidden)

Maybe as a child you were never picked to play on the team? Or in high school you longed for the day the popular kids would eat lunch with you? Or at work your ideas never seem to get recognition? I think you get what I mean! No one likes to be ignored or looked over. 

If we were to be honest there are times in our life when we feel invisible to God (or maybe it’s just me :) I often find myself saying “Umm Hello there God, are you there? Did you see me crying? Can you hear me praying? Did you see how badly they offended me?” Well of course he does! Even if..no WHEN, we don’t feel he’s there, HE IS!

In this Psalms we can find joy in knowing the Lord does not sleep, snore, doze or nod off, he is WIDE AWAKE! He never takes his eye off us; he’s looking upon us and looking out for us. His presence is always surrounding us, ordering our steps and making sure we don’t lose our way. Through our tests, trials, challenges and moments of loneliness we have a Heavenly Father who sits high and looks low. We only need to look up (and kneel down) to find he is there to help us. 

Today take time to be thankful for a WIDE AWAKE GOD :-)

Be encouraged by these lyrics to “He Knows My Name” by Israel Houghton:

I have a Maker
He Formed My Heart
before even time began
my life was in hands

He knows my name
he knows my every thought
he sees each tear that falls
and hears me when I call
I have a father
he calls me his own
he'll never leave me
no matter where I go

He knows my name
he knows my every thought
he sees each tear that falls
and hears me
when I call

No comments:

Post a Comment