Monday, October 3, 2011

Hope

Romans 8:24-25,28 
For in [this] hope we were saved. But hope [the object of] which is seen is not hope. For how can one hope for what he already sees? But if we hope for what is still unseen by us, we wait for it with patience and composure We are assured and know that [God being a partner in their labor] all things work together and are [fitting into a plan] for good to and for those who love God and are called according to [His] design and purpose. (AMP)

Jeremiah 29:11 
I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out—plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for. (MSG)

Hope: to look forward to with desire and confidence

 Why do we struggle to "confidently look forward" in our life? More often it’s because our circumstances, challenges, pain and regrets keep us from remembering the hope that is promised to us in God’s word. Jeremiah 29:11 : I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out—plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for. (MSG) is my favorite scripture and has been for about 9 yrs. You see 9 yrs ago i went through the most difficult pain of my life. While in my junior year at Texas A&M University i unexpectedly lost my mother and while still in my grief, two months later i lost my father after a difficult battle with cancer. Loneliness, pain, confusion, anger and uncertainty filled my heart and consumed my life. Those were very dark days and most of it seems like a blur. 
As I cried out to God in my pain and even anger, it was Jeremiah 29:11 that gave me strength to keep going, looking forward to my brighter day. 

HOPE. 

I began to rest on this one word. While I didn’t (and still don’t) understand the "why" I DID know God had a plan and it was full of hope and a future for me. In the midst of not seeing hope I had to receive it! 
Though other trials have come my way, I am still living out that hope and future today. God has richly blessed me and I seek to enjoy every day along my journey. 

No matter the circumstance we all have reason to hope:
Loss of a loved one? 
Psalms 30:11, God will turn your mourning to gladness

Desiring children? 
I Samuel 1:20, Because of her faith God opened Hannah’s womb

Bad doctor’s report? 
Luke 8:43, 44, Just one touch from him can bring healing

No matter what you face focus on HOPE.

No comments:

Post a Comment